CYCLEPATH KELOWNA COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
We believe that it’s important to be involved in the community….
Cyclepath Kelowna has always supported many local community events, charities, schools, etc. since we opened in 1995. In 2011 we made a decision to “step it up” and put a major effort into supporting the Ride to Conquer Cancer and help raise money for cancer research.
We’re not sure if we’ll have a cure for all cancers in our lifetime, but we feel strongly about trying to do something. In touring the local Kelowna Cancer Centre a number of times over the past 7 years it’s easy to see the significant advances that have been made during that time. There is world-class, cutting-edge research going on right here in Kelowna, specifically in prostate cancer research, that will benefit millions worldwide.
Over the past 7 years the Cyclepath Cyclotrons Team, with the support of many friends, relatives and local businesses, have raised over $600,000!
A number of other charities and organizations that we have supported over the years….
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- ARC Programs
- Hands in Service
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Canucks Autism Network
- Terry Fox Run
- Elevation Outdoors – a youth program
- School District 23 – multiple school fundraisers, bike clinics & bike rodeos
- School District 23 – Work Experience Education Program
- Plan Okanagan
- UBC Okanagan – multiple school programs and fundraisers
- Okanagan College – multiple school programs and fundraisers
- Various Church Organizations
- Salvation Army
- Kelowna Minor Hockey Association
- Winfield Minor Hockey Association
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey Association
- Kelowna SPCA
- Okanagan Pride
- Big White Racers
- New Vintage Theatre Society
- B.C. Special Olympics
- Friends & Family, Kelowna
- Okanagan Gymnastic Centre
- Community Recreational Initiatives Society
- Numerous local cycling events, including annual support for the City’s Bike to Work Week Program
…..and the list goes on
Another reason to shop locally… to support the businesses that support you and your community.