CYCLEPATH KELOWNA COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Supporting the community that supports us
Since we opened in 1995, Cyclepath Kelowna has always supported local community events, charities, schools, and programs. Our amazing community in Kelowna and the surrounding regions gives so much to us so giving back is the least we can do.
In 2011, we made a decision to “step it up” and put a major effort into supporting the Ride to Conquer Cancer to raise money for cancer research.
We’re not sure if we’ll have a cure for cancer in our lifetime, but we feel strongly about trying to do something. In touring the local Kelowna Cancer Centre over the past 7 years, it’s amazing to see the significant advances that have been made during that time. There is world-class, cutting-edge research going on right here in Kelowna, specifically in prostate cancer research, that will benefit millions worldwide.
The Cyclepath Cyclotrons Team, with the support of many friends, relatives and local businesses, raised over $600,000 over 7 years!
But that's not all. Here are a number of other charities and organizations we have supported over the years:
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- ARC Programs
- Hands in Service
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Canucks Autism Network
- Terry Fox Run
- Elevation Outdoors – a youth program
- School District 23 – multiple school fundraisers, bike clinics & bike rodeos
- School District 23 – Work Experience Education Program
- Plan Okanagan
- UBC Okanagan – multiple school programs and fundraisers
- Okanagan College – multiple school programs and fundraisers
- Various Church Organizations
- Salvation Army
- Kelowna Minor Hockey Association
- Winfield Minor Hockey Association
- West Kelowna Minor Hockey Association
- Kelowna SPCA
- Okanagan Pride
- Big White Racers
- New Vintage Theatre Society
- B.C. Special Olympics
- Friends & Family, Kelowna
- Okanagan Gymnastic Centre
- Community Recreational Initiatives Society
- Numerous local cycling events, including annual support for the City’s Bike to Work Week Program
Cyclepath Kelowna is proudly locally-owned and operated. By supporting your local bicycle store, you're supporting your local community.